Smart ideas for Smarter cities
IBM’s marketing team shitting all over competition
What “should” women do? What “shouldn’t” women do? This powerful new UN Women ad series uses genuine Google searches to reveal the widespread prevalence of sexism and discrimination against women: http://owl.li/q21Vb
Find out more about the UN’s work for gender equality and women’s empowerment at: www.unwomen.org
vegetable stickers (by Tatsuro Kiuchi)
Vicky Form is a Mexican lingerie company that has recently released a campaign called ”New commandments for women.”
1. I shall never call another woman a whore.
2. No one can convince me from not wearing a condom.
3. I shall never get pregnant just to keep a man by my side.
4. No one can judge me based on the number of people I’ve slept with.
5. Is my responsibility to fight for my own (woman) rights.
6. I will not tolerate any kind of violence towards myself.
7. I will not fear or be ashamed if I find myself attracted to woman.
8. It is my decision if i want to get married or not. (and don’t deserve to be judged for it.)
I find this campaign to be a ‘big deal’ for the fact that is released in Mexico. One of the most sexists, closed minded and underdeveloped countries in the world.
Not so many companies take the risk to make advertisements like this because they’re obviously going to be criticized and possibly be affected by it.
Someone is taking the risk, telling the truth, and trying to get to the minds of the people. Sharing the fact that we are all human, and have to be equally treated like it, leading to a better and more developed society.
Its a big step for Mexico, and for women.
We need this here.
mail art 5 (by bricolagelife)
mail art 1 (by bricolagelife)
these should be plastered all over every high school and college campus
So I’d like to post this though it’s old, because I’m about to start working on another series like it. I posted it about a year ago on tumbles, but when I was doing my art tag I noticed none of the images worked and it was all broken image links because I am bad at internet and also being alive.
This was my graduating thesis; a poster series. They’re each about four feet tall, except the first one which is only about three feet. There’s a lot of mistakes in this now that I notice a few years later, but I still like them. I learned so much making them! It’s supposed to be the girl in the first image imagining herself and her robot in all sorts of vintage poster inspired advertisements. All done in photoshop.